Thursday, July 21, 2016

Adi: My reflections on the trip to Southwest Florida.

Adi - planting trees Wednesday morning

Even though the work was tiring and it was hot and humid in Florida, a large amount of mosquitoes were around all the time, but I had a great time weeding, trimming and planting trees, pulling cattails in the lake, and building fences with my youth group friends in Gator Wilderness camp in Southwest Florida. I saw God in their willingness to work hard for the boys who live in this camp and I was also motivated to work even harder. The highlight of my time there was when we prepared the worship service and actually met the boys we worked and prayed for. What I liked about the worship service was how positive and joyful they were during the service. Also, how respectful they were with us and with their chiefs, even with the circumstances they've lived in in the past. In addition, I had a lot of fun going to the beach with my youth group and swimming in a relatively cold water. Then having a time with God and enjoying the beauty of God's creation. I was blessed to travel with my youth group to Southwest Florida and experience this time of looking for God and also, spending time with my youth group friends and getting to know them better.

Adi Mansour😊


In the Miccs campsite, sleeping tent - the boys have mosquito netting and fans, but sleep and work in this open air campsite all year round.

Morning Devotions on our last morning at Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment